"Double Lock" to "Single Lock" SSX Seamer Changeover
Removing Stage #4 Roll and Shaft for 90° Single Lock
- Remove last stage grease cover with 5/64" Allen wrench.
- Remove screw on top of brass gear.
- Remove serrated washer and fender washer.
- Tilt seamer and grasp steel roll, pull down until shaft is clear of seamer.
- Remove brass gear and steel washer under it.
- Make sure you have found the 3/16" square key.
Replacing Stage #4 with extra #2 Roll and Shaft
- Make sure brass spacer is on shaft resting on steel roll.
- Tilt seamer and insert shaft in bearing opening so that 1/2" protrudes inside wing housing.
- Place steel washer over end of shaft.
- Place brass gear on end of shaft.
- Press upward on steel roll until end of shaft is flush with top of brass gear.
- Align keyway in shaft with keyway in brass gear and insert 3/16" square key.
- Replace fender washer, serrated washer and screw.
- Replace grease cover.
- Remove 4 spring discs (one set) from the last stage.
Remove Stage #3 for 90° Single Lock
- Remove screw holding stage #3 from angle block, keeping the roll on the screw.
Replacing Stage #3 for 180° Double Lock
- Replace according to photo above.
Replacing Stage #4 for 180° Double Lock
- Switch extra stage #2 with the original stage #4 using above written instructions.
- Replace 4 spring discs (one set) on last stage.